29.10.10

Literary Tropes

Sometimes things are so obvious you can't see them. When I was told to mind my tendencies to figure out what I might be interested in for thesis and have the project naturally occur from there, I only looked at projects I worked or speculated on. One of the major decisions defining my coming years was the launching of an office and then of course naming it. 


Synecdoche (si-NEK-duh-kee), while possibly not the best name to have people pronounce or help spread the word, defines our work so well. A work of simultaneous understanding, in how we work and what we work on. So its seems I've always been a bit more drawn to the connection of literary and architectural practice than I thought.



6 Literary Tropes


Metonymy
Irony
Metaphor
Synecdoche
Antanclasis
Allegory

No comments:

Post a Comment