16.9.10

Strike a Prose

Ahoy, 
After the discussion about the 'arious ways arguments may be orchestrated, I began t' think about the 'oice behind the words. Just like an e-mail might be taken the wrong way because thar is no tone attached t' it, the same can be as detrimental in an essay. While the projection o' an idea through words is important, the tone in which it is done can be as re'ealin' t' the author as it is t' the reader. While mindin' the tendencies o' intarsts and the subject matter t' be written should be focused with rigor, I''e been recently ponderin' the character and prose that carries those ideas through.

Annie Choi's "Dear Architect" seems t' deli'er the ob'ious in a new light o' obser'ations through her forward 'oice and quirky humor. Aye.

I have a friend who is a doctor. He gives me drugs. I enjoy them. I have a friend who is a lawyer. He helped me sue my landlord. My architect friends have given me nothing. No drugs, no medical advice, and they don't know how to spell subpoena, One architect friend figured out that my apartment was one hundred and eighty seven square feet. That was nice. Thanks for that.

Ahoy, I''e found through writin' and ramblin's that sometimes these often light hearted jokes and obser'ations have the potential t' actually propel the discussion t' a place we might not have thought o' before. So whar Me wish t' start my ramblin's may ne'er make it back out o' the wastebasket Me feel that puttin' on a new face, or 'oice for that matter might make me look at my thesis and intarsts through someone else's eyes. Aye, me parrot concurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment